Steps to Application
Documents required for admission
- The application form for admission (it’s filled after the arrival at the Academy)
- Academic documents, equivalent to the academic documents of Russian Federation, with the academic degree, the full list of learned subjects and full list of marks, with a notarized translation into Russian:
- For Bachelor studies (BSc/BA): school-leaving certificate
- For Master studies (MSc/MA): Bachelor’s or Specialist’s degree-certificate
- (Academic documents should be legalized. You can get the information about the procedure of legalization in the Russian embassy in the country where academic documents were issued.)
- The copy of the document confirming the education obtained (notarial certification isn’t necessary).
- Transcript (the document showing the list of the subjects with results) with a notarized translation into Russian.
- The copy of the document which certifies the identity of a foreign citizen in Russia.
- The copy of the notarized translation of the document which certifies the identity of a foreign citizen in Russia.
- A detachable coupon of the notification of migration registration (in case you do it personally) and the documents necessary to have the migration registration.
- Four 3×4 cm photographs.
It is necessary to come to the Office of International Education in MIA during 5 days after your arrival in Moscow in order to get the migration registration.
Pay your attention that a 5-day period provided by the Russian legislation includes the preparation of the appropriate papers by Academy staff and the submission of these documents to the Federal Migration Service of Russia!
In order to register your migration you must submit the documents listed below. Be attentive! Probably you will need some additional documents
- Migration card. Migration card has to be given out on the entry point of the Russian Federation. It is necessary to have a stamp about your entrance to the territory of the Russian Federation.
Additional documents for migration registration:
- Notary certified translation of ID document (passport).
What to do if the period of my migration registration has expired?
It is necessary to extend the period of stay on the territory of the Russian Federation and to make and extend a multiple visa (for the countries with entry and exit from Russia). Follow the steps:
- Return your multiple visa (if you have one)
- Submit the state duty payment receipt
- Submit 3 photos (3×4).
What to do if I need to leave Moscow?
It is necessary to inform the Office for International Education of BMSTU about your departure before leaving Moscow for further instructions! During the academic semester the departure is possible only in case of emergency.
Russian Requirements for Foreign Education Documents
Legalisation — is the procedure of affixing a special stamp on the document in the country of issue, after which it can be presented where requested abroad.
When enrolling at a Russian university, international applicants must submit an original education document. According to Russian law, it must be legalised in the country of issue.
How to have an education document recognised in Russia
In addition to mandatory legalisation, applicants from many countries need to complete a procedure recognising their documents in Russia.
When recognition of education documents is not required
If your country and Russia have signed a bilateral agreement1 recognizing education documents and your document is subject to this treaty. In this case it is sufficient to submit to the admission board of the higher educational institution an original document and its notarised translation.
If you have graduated from a university, the diploma of which is automatically recognised in the Russian Federation. A list of such educational institutions is approved by the Russian government and updated from time to time.
In all other cases you need to complete a recognition procedure.
Where to have education documents recognised
In all other cases, documents should be submitted for recognition to the Main State Centre for Education Evaluation.
The Centre’s recognition procedure comprises several stages (find more information on the website of Main State Centre for Education Evaluation):
Preparing your document package
- identity document or a copy (if you have to send it by post, do not send the originals!);
- education document: original and certified copies and a translation (if you have to send it by post, send copies only, not the originals!).
Submitting your documents
Documents may be submitted at the Centre’s office (6 Leninsky Prospect, Bldg. 3, Moscow) or sent by post.
Paying the fee
Applicants can track the progress of their application on the Centre’s website using their receipt number or in the members area (depending on submission method). As soon as the «awaiting payment» status appears, you can pay the fee.
Delivery of recognition certificates
The application review process usually takes 45 calendar days. A certificate can be obtained in person or by post.
A list of countries with which such agreements have been made is published on the website of the Main State Centre for Education Evaluation.
Russia has signed bilateral agreements with Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Finland, China, India, Venezuela, Vietnam, Cuba, Bulgaria, Bangladesh, Colombia, Peru, Mongolia, Romania, Estonia, Albania, Chad, Namibia, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Suriname, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Sri Lanka, Yemen, Mauritania, Pakistan, Guinea-Bissau, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Niger, Nigeria, Zambia, Rwanda and others.
Find information about a specific country from a Rossotrudnichestvo office or Russian embassy in your country.